This is Ryan.

John,

Sorry. Crazy busy week. But here we go.

You know Vikki, so need for intros there. You've actually met my oldest son, Ryan, but it was many years ago. So we will start with him today.

Ryan: 1996 in Cleveland, Ohio with the Bruuns and Drapers

You and Chelsea were on your way to medical school and stopped in to visit. Ryan was only a few months old at the time. Now he is nearing 14 years-old.

Ryan Heath Turner: 8th grade.

Ryan is very busy these days. He is getting ready to start high school this September. He currently is in the band at his jr. high school and a straight A student. He was recently released as the Deacon's Quorum President. He is finishing up his Eagle Project paperwork and will have his board of review soon.

I learned a lot about what to do and what not to do for these projects. We really bit off more than we needed to. When you and your son get ready to do his, give me a call and I can give you heads up on a few things.

Ryan had a fundraiser to buy the raw materials for building storage units for his elementary school. He built a total of 16 units like this one. They were painted and had backs put on them for a finished look. The students use them as backpack cubbies.

Ryan will be turning 14 this June. The Teachers Quorum is learning to SCUBA dive and will be going to Catalina Island a few days after his birthday to dive. I am currently certified as an advanced open water diver, but next month I am getting certified as a rescue diver and will be going with them to back up our SCUBA instructor. I am very much looking forward to it. Once I get you introduced to the rest of my kids I'll tell you about some of my SCUBA adventures so far.

As scoutmaster I will have had my son with me for three years by the time he turns 14. It is a mixed blessing for the both of us. I get to be there to make sure things are done properly and to push him. However, part of growing up is not being under the watchful eye of your father all of the time. Scouts gives most boys the opportunity to get away from the father and start to make a name for themselves. While he has done very well, I think we both agree that his advancement to the Teachers will be a good thing for him. Though he will already have finished his Eagle Scout, I know he will continue to work hard in the service oriented activities of the Varsity Scout program. I am very proud of all he has done so far and confident that he is gaining the tools he needs to succeed at anything he wants to pursue.

So anyway, that is Ryan. Next time I'll introduce you to Brooke.

With that in mind, good night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Swords are made

A Room full of Wolverines and One Harris Hawk