My "Precious."

John,

Both you and I have quite a few interesting pieces of tech and electro gadgetry available due to the professions we are in, but in regular life I don't really have a lot of toys, so to speak.  I have a nice radio in my truck, but not all the woofers, tweeters and so forth.  In my home I have a large-screen TV, but not all the different surround-sound and Blu-Ray and so on and so forth.  I got the basics.  However, there are two  little toys I have that I really love:  My iTouch and my Blackberry.

iTouch and Blackberry.

I don't really need either of these little gadgets, but I love them both.  Vikki and I are with Verizon, so the iPhone was never really an option for us.  Having had a touch-style phone in the past I'm not really sure I want an iPhone.  I really like the feel of the hard buttons the Blackberry has.  But I do love the iTouch.  It is my recreation and the Blackberry is business.  I can load all my tunes, pics, some games, and a couple of videos and be quite content on a scout overnighter or an airplane trip.  I've never really been able to sleep on camp outs, so the iTouch really helps me get through the nights.  For the week-long scout camp in a few months I'll load up the recent season of Star Wars:  Clone Wars and that'll get me through the entire week!  

The Blackberry is great for work and church.  I have a program on the Blackberry that gives me all the phone numbers, addresses, and families in the stake.  I can pull up a name and phone them directly from the list, or hit the maps and get directions to where they live, or even email them directly from the list.  It is awesome.  The Blackberry does so many other things that I continually am learning new things on a daily basis.  Vikki laughs at me because of how much I love it.  I just stroke it and call it my "Precious" the way Golum did in Lord of the Rings.  I love it!

With that in mind, good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Swords are made

A Room full of Wolverines and One Harris Hawk